Parish Hall Renovation Project (Capital Campaign)
Since 2010, the people of St. John’s have been carefully renovating our Parish Hall building. In May of 2012, we finished renovating our main fellowship hall. Soon after, we embarked on an ambitious, three-phased renovation of the main level of our Parish Hall building.
Phase One renovated our smaller fellowship room – the Battin Room – used for meetings, children’s chapel, and adult education classes. We also renovated our Choir Room and Archive Room.
Phase Two was even more ambitious: enclosing our Atrium to create lovely, new handicap accessible restrooms, a new nursery room, and a multi- functional room – the 1702 Annex – that was put to good use during the retirement celebration for Father John. Phase Two also created a second floor; the attic room is framed but not yet usable. We have delayed completion of the dish washing room until funds become available. We have a Certificate of Occupancy for the main floor restrooms, nursery and 1702 Annex and the contractor, Chris Ryan, has been very generous in completing more of the project than we have cash on hand.
It is our future hope that we will be able to move into Phase Three once our obligations to complete payment on Phase Two have been met. Phase Three will renovate our Administration Wing, giving our Parish Administrator a more centrally-located and welcoming office, and new office space for our clergy.
If you would like to make a gift to the continued work of our Capital Campaign, please contact the Parish Office at 610-459-2994.